Friday, May 25, 2012

Just a Quick Update.

It's literally been a year since I last wrote anything for the blog. And logging into my blogger to write made me remember I was supposed to write a piece for Seafield.FM's blog (oops). Well, I guess I'll get to that later if I can.

Anyway, the mid-term holidays have just started. Yippie, right? I'm a little uneasy not because of homework (there's none for once) but because I hardly ever get anything done during holidays. I dunno, it's just my mind craves the internet all the time. But when I go on Facebook, I just have nothing to do; no notifications to respond to, nobody on chat. I guess it's the reason why some people hate Facebook so much. It's like a drug and Mark Zuckerberg's probably doing voodoo or something along with Apple.

I've tried to restart writing again and I've got some form of success. I managed to finish a chapter from Junkyard City (still can't believe I haven't finished any concept art for the book yet. Oh, and in case you don't know, I like to do little scene pictures from the books and stuff I'm writing; helps the ideas to flow.), and I just realized, that while I've got a basic framework for Druscall (this pirate thing I'm working on), I don't have an antagonistic force or a real direction for it. Everything's just adventure and epic pirate stuff like sword fights and battleship-esque canon battles in the middle of the ocean. On a related note, I'm glad I've finished a piece for Druscall, the good ol' Captain brooding at the bow of the Caravus, in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle (The Three Walls, in the book).

So, I want to catch up on writing for the holidays as well as do some art. I got this excellent acrylic paint set from Sunway. I've never used acrylics before, EVER but I hear you're supposed to use a canvas (which I don't have). Pfft, doesn't matter. I'll be practicing my painting and digital art skills during these two weeks. My Intuos has been in its bag for far too long.

Lastly, I also want to do some serious studying. The mid terms were an epic fail. I can't believe it. I realize I didn't try that hard but I still don't believe that instead of people worrying about getting As or Bs, people are actually worrying about passing or not. So far, I've failed my Add Maths :/. I think I failed my Chemistry too but I haven't checked; it's too depressing. I just barely passed my Math and I'm pretty sure I did horribly on my Bio. Only English can save me now. Of course, I didn't tell my parents. It's like one of those infinite loop flow chart things: Get good marks? - NO - nag* - study harder/ Get  good marks? - YES - nag* - study harder. Doesn't really mean much, especially to me. Anyway, I'm trying to keep looking ahead, so I'm planning on finishing most of the workbooks I have stacked in my drawers. I guess that's all for now so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment